Thứ Hai, 22 tháng 11, 2010

NARATIVE ESSAY

`I am not one who is frightened easily, but I must admit that one night I saw a figure that struck terror into my heart. My storry happened when I was a child.
      At that time , there were not many televisions. All my village, only some houses had television sets. Like the children in the village, I was crazy about films on the TV. Therefore, after finishing the homework and helping my mother with the housework, I often went to my neibour's house in the end of the village to watch Tv. That night was a moon- lit night. As a unsual, I always went there with some children near my house. However, on that day, no one can go with me because they were not allowed by their parents. After thinking for a while I decided to go by my self, only because I can not miss the movies I was watching. I took a shortcut across the field to get there.That was the first night in my life that I was out alone. The road along which I was walking was not used much in the evening. Even during day, it was used only by some people who work on the field along that road. Two sides of that road are banana trees. When I was walking , I heard the noise made by frogs and insects. Creatures that love the night world such as bats were very active. All these things did not., however, frightened me. THen, suddenly, I caught sight of an old lady from a shotr distance away. Her head was covered with a white cloth and she was waving me. I wondered why she had heen here at that time of the night. I stopped for a while. I spoke loudly:"WHO? Please, speak".But the lady with white clothing did not say anything. She was still standing there, waving me. Strangely, I felt cold. My heart began thumping strongly ang thoughts of stories about ghost came back in my mind. I ran as fast as I could , coming back home. As I came home, I could speak nothing. On the next day, I came back that place again to make sure that she was the real person, not ghost. However I found no footprints. Only a banana tree stood there with its leaves, waving in the breeze. I found out that it looked like a lady waving her hand .I burst into laugh about my foolish dread.
          Until now , no one of my friends knew what happened to me that night . I must keep it like my secret because if they knew they would laugh at me. Perhaps I do not believe in ghost stories anymore.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét